I created my first website in 1996 using Macromedia Cyberstudio (which was bought by Adobe
If you’ve never heard about Content Marketing World (CMW), a 3-day content marketing extravaganza held annually in Cleveland, before you began reading this article you will….you will. Especially if you’re a traditional marketer or content marketer; I’m going to tell you why you’ll be here for Content Marketing World 2015 but you don’t know it yet.
For marketers providing and producing content for clients, or for their own businesses, it’s an art, it’s a skill and there isn’t an industry or business on the planet that couldn’t benefit from some type of content marketing. That claim comes from Content Marketing Institute‘s (CMI) CEO Joe Pulizzi. Joe has been singing the praises of content marketing for over 10 years since he coined the phrase; yet his business continues to grow and grow, year after year and there are no signs of it slowing down.
Content Marketing World is the culmination of a lot of hard work by Joe and his team at CMI and this year it’s going to be bigger and better than the previous 4 years.
Some of this year’s CMW 2014 highlights will be:
- 2 Time Academy Award Winner Kevin Spacey will deliver the keynote address
- 6 other keynote speakers highlight the event
- Dozens of educational and breakout sessions
- CMW will be held at the newly renovated and remodeled Cleveland Convention Center
- There’ll be 2500+ attendees from around the globe and probably someone you know will be here
- 36 of the Fortune 100 companies will be represented
- There’ll be over 100+ speakers ooozzing with great content of their own that they’ll be happy to share
- There’ll be a variety CMW Workshops offered
- Ample opportunity to meet and network with a couple thousand marketers & content marketers just like you….
- There’s only one CMW and this is it – accept no substitutes
- http://contentmarketingworld.com/agenda-2014/ < ——Complete Agenda
There are more than 80 restaurants, bars and places to eat and drink all within walking distance of Public Square (that’s smack dab in the middle of downtown)
- There are over 25 breweries located in and around the city with more than a dozen near downtown
- There are approximately 10 distinct neighborhoods located within walking distance of downtown
- There are 9 unique, special and remarkable Cleveland neighborhoods that are all just a short ride from downtown
- We have our very own hashtag #CLE which I recommend using if you’re attending along with #CMWorld
So if you’re coming to #CMWorld 2014, look for me; I’ll be all over the place from Sunday night on… I will also be moderating the Intensives Track on Wednesday, September 10th that will feature Andy Crestodina from Orbit Media in Chicago, Ardath Albee, author of the book eMarketing Strategies from the Complex Sale and Mathew Sweezy from salesforce.com. I look forward to meeting you along with a whole bunch of other folks.
This is the first of a three part series that will also feature some video content from this upcoming weekend and from next week’s event.
Latest posts by Barry Edwards (see all)
- WordPress: What are the advantages of using a CMS like WordPress? – March 14, 2017
- A man trying to find his way in an ever-changing world – November 11, 2016
- How much should my dental practice spend on a website? – October 18, 2016