Content Marketing World 2014 Highlights – Content Marketing & your business Plus 5 SEO Tips for Businesses
- Content Marketing World – Last Week here in CLE
- Sessions on: How to start your CM efforts? How to Podcast?
- Mark’s Session He Moderated:
Google Analytics is a must for your website and can be a bit daunting or difficult to learn at first
- And….learn the basics of optimizing your chances to be found on local search is important.
5 quick tips courtesy of moz.com
#1 – Use keyword targeting or keyword phrase targeting (long-tail keywords) unique to each page on your website.
- Headlines & Title Tags – Include a keyword or phrase
- Title Tags – Page titles are most important. H1 and H2 tags next.
#2 – Your best content should:
- Be featured on your home page as a link or maybe a small description with the link included in the description
- Keyword Phrase of the product or service should also be included in the content of the link…
#3 – Very important to have your best and most relevant content listed in all primary navigation.
- Includes primary product or service, and contact information accessible from your primary navigation or the link is part of a mouse-over dropdown.
#4 – Important pages/content should be linked to from other pages BUT also from older content. Example:
- You create a new web page or a new piece of good content, then
- Go back through older web pages that you created that may not be driving traffic like they used to, then,
- Add a link to that newer piece of content or new page you’ve added to give that older page some ‘search life’.
- If you have multiple business locations create a separate page for each location.
- This is critical for local and mobile SEO success.
- Google likes to see a separate page for each location as it’s able to return the most relevant page(s) based on the user search.
Next week we get into a few basic Google Analytic best practices, setting up your account and setting up a couple of goals for your site.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
And we would like to thank the folks at The Cedar Lee Pub for their hospitality.