Where: The Bottle House. A small batch brewery in Cleveland Heights where they produce great local beer, give folks a place to gather, enjoy great live local music and celebrate craft beer! TheBottleHouseBrewingCompany.com.
Note: Your list is accountable for 80% of the success or failure rate of your marketing campaign.
1) ALWAYS the #1 priority: Create remarkable email content. Your content needs to be amazing if you want people to stay subscribed — and if you want them to forward it to their friends, family, and colleagues that aren’t already on your email list.
2) Give the subscriber something really cool and useful….what to give them depends upon the business you’re in:
free webinar, videos, ebook, or a whitepaper. If you’re a B2C then a coupon or significant discount offer.
3) B2B side, use your ebook, or a whitepaper in appropriate LinkedIn groups as an answer to an appropriate question.
4) Advantages to growing your list are not limited to email subscribers. From a sign up form, and depending upon how much you ask of the subscriber, you can find out:
Where the person subscribing is located. Ask for a zip code at signup.
You know what business they are in by asking them the name of their business at sign up or you can tell a lot of times from the email domain name.
Again based on how good your offer is to sign up and what info you’re asking for in your opt-in form you can have the ability to segment your audience and the email communications they receive down the road.
5) Don’t have traffic on your own site yet? Run your promotion on a partner or affiliate website.
6) Add an email signup post on your Facebook page as a custom tab for your Facebook desktop page, BUT also link to a mobile subscribe page for mobile users.
7) Collect email addresses at offline events like trade shows, and import them into your database. Be sure to send these contacts a welcome email that confirms their opt-in to your list. Also put a QR code on your business cards that lead to your sign up form.
8) Create different offers for subscribing across the different channels you’re using to capture names and email addresses. Make the offer on Facebook different from the other offers on your website or from Twitter or any other social channels you may be using. That way you can track what channels are the most effective and which ones are not.
9) Host a free event and have a quick, easy online sign up form for registration.
10) Everything you do when it comes to building your list, your email marketing and presenting content has to be about MOBILE!!! More than 50% of email is opened on a mobile device and that number is only going to climb.
Catch us next week in Fairport at the Sunset Harbor Bar & Grill – at the marina.